6sous

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Lucky at cards, unlucky in love

This is a French proverb which also can be literally translated like that:"Happy in the game, unhappy in love". I thought this proverb could be taken either way ("Unhappy in game, happy in love") and I also thought it contains some kind of justice in it(fair balance). But well, it's not quite working this way for me, I have been specially unlucky the all weekend at cards and/or board games. And at the same time, I'm pretty unhappy and sad in love............. It's not fair..........
Also, during this weekend, something completely incomprehensible happened: I lost 2 pounds!!! Despite the fact, I ate really way too much:2 Barbecue parties, 2 restaurants lunches, cakes, crepes, alcohol, big brunch, chips........ This morning I thought I would break some high records and instead I lost some weight????
Maybe I'm a "strange alien" and rules which usually apply to people are kind of mixed up with me. It's nice to feel different sometime; and some other times, it's difficult....

1 Comments:

  • Just in case some people read the comments on old posts: I just want to notify one thing: My 2 "lost" pounds have been found again.... I don't know where they were, but they found their way back. Damned!!!!!!!! Comments from Jan: "It's strange, you should have been gaining more pounds these last years with all the junk food you were eating".... Very conforting Jan, I don't know who I hated the most at this moment...number 9 or you????

    By Blogger Cecile, at 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home