6sous

Monday, October 09, 2006

My blogging experience....

I have been blogging for a certain time now (one of the few 2006 resolutions I have been quite consistent with....).
When I started my blog, my first goal was to try to share my life in the US with my friends and family in France. It was like a good way to keep a link with the people I care about in France. Also, the advantage was that I would not be oblige to summarize again and again what is my life so far away from France. Because summarizing my day to day life is quite complicated, always incomplete and because I prefer concentrate my discussions on other subjects: blogging is a good alternative.
When I'm in France, I want to know about the life of the people there, I want to switch from my US life and fully enjoy my time where I am. So when I'm in the US, France is like in parentheses and vice versa, it's the best way I found not to be home sick....
After a certain time I found other interests in blogging. Comments are a great way to initiate discussions with my friends. It also gives me a chance to improve my English (well, at least practice the writing....).....
And now it's even worse. Some of my posts are just so personals, I think I write them mostly for myself.... It's like focusing on things which bother me, on things which make me sad or happy....The fact other people read my blog is somehow a little disturbing but it also obliges me to formalize things and to be a minimum objective and understandable.
So for these "so personals" post, I think it may be a little surprising to read them and you may think I show on the web things which doesn't concern anyone but me.
Yes, it's true, maybe I go too far in certain posts, but to be honest, I usually feel better after. So I'm sorry, you may have to read more of them.....
Well, that's about it, I have to work now, my lunch break is over for a long time now.

2 Comments:

  • I think personal posts are very healthy. The problems only come when your personal posts deal with friends or lovers who may read your blog. I have had this very problem again and again ever since I started blogging (5 years now). There's no easy way around it, because while being honest may be good for you, it's hard to know how open other people will be with personal information. And when you're life intersects others sepreating their personal info from yours can be practically impossible.

    I know that sounds complicated, all I'd say is just be careful what you say. You are responsible for whatever you say, and that really is very serious.

    By Blogger Geoff, at 2:08 PM  

  • A vrai dire, c'est assez curieux à lire c'est sûr !
    Nous découvrons une autre Cécile, plus intime, plus secrète...

    Personnellement, ça me donne un peu l'impression d'être une voyeuse...

    Mais le principe du blog en soi est très curieux je trouve... comme si le fait de démartérialiser l'échange le facilitait. Et d'un autre côté, rien ne vaudra jamais une bonne soirée partagée !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home