La saint Valentin (Valentine's day for the americans)
Hey there, it has been a while, I'm sorry about that.... Just a short post before I start working this morning.
Yesterday was the Valentine's day as everyone is aware of. I've listened to the french radio station (Yes yes Gwen, it was France Inter....) and they were explaining that in Arabia the religious police was making sure nobody would celebrate this event, it sounds really weird.....Here in US, I have the impression it's quite the contrary: everybody is making sure "YOU ARE GOING TO CELEBRATE VALENTINE'S DAY". I don't affectionate that much this special day, this is another great event for jewelry stores, chocolate makers and flower sellers..... For me it is another reminder for all these single people who have not manage to get any boy(/girl)friend (yes yes I'm part of the group). Anyway, the curious thing in the US is that Valentine's day is not only for lovers, everybody wish an happy Valentine's day to everybody, kids can make a present to their mother, my basketball teammates gave me some candies, chocolate cakes...... I talked with my Yoga teacher about that (for this special day, nobody went to Yoga except me and the teacher....), and she explained me that it was an occasion for people who are usually not incline in making anything special to their lover to feel like doing it...... So my Yoga teacher wished me an happy Valentine's day with a nice little card I picked in a basket: "Love and tornadoes can never pass unnoticed".... Well OK, can I be facetious and say that "tornadoes destroyed a lot and may cause a lot of pain, like love...."? Yoga teachers have a great way of having answer to any questions and turn anything into a positive way, this is funny... For my day to day life, I'm not always peaceful and cool, I just do what I can.....
Yesterday was the Valentine's day as everyone is aware of. I've listened to the french radio station (Yes yes Gwen, it was France Inter....) and they were explaining that in Arabia the religious police was making sure nobody would celebrate this event, it sounds really weird.....Here in US, I have the impression it's quite the contrary: everybody is making sure "YOU ARE GOING TO CELEBRATE VALENTINE'S DAY". I don't affectionate that much this special day, this is another great event for jewelry stores, chocolate makers and flower sellers..... For me it is another reminder for all these single people who have not manage to get any boy(/girl)friend (yes yes I'm part of the group). Anyway, the curious thing in the US is that Valentine's day is not only for lovers, everybody wish an happy Valentine's day to everybody, kids can make a present to their mother, my basketball teammates gave me some candies, chocolate cakes...... I talked with my Yoga teacher about that (for this special day, nobody went to Yoga except me and the teacher....), and she explained me that it was an occasion for people who are usually not incline in making anything special to their lover to feel like doing it...... So my Yoga teacher wished me an happy Valentine's day with a nice little card I picked in a basket: "Love and tornadoes can never pass unnoticed".... Well OK, can I be facetious and say that "tornadoes destroyed a lot and may cause a lot of pain, like love...."? Yoga teachers have a great way of having answer to any questions and turn anything into a positive way, this is funny... For my day to day life, I'm not always peaceful and cool, I just do what I can.....


2 Comments:
La Saint Valentin c'est "has been" !
J'ai failli me prêter au jeu en offrant des fleurs à Nath, mais quand j'ai vu la queue chez le fleuriste, les quelques principes que je m'étais forgé (comme ne pas manger à McDo) me sont revenus comme un boomerang. Stop aux fêtes à la gloire de la consommation à outrance qui jalonnent l'année : Noël, Jour de l'an, Soldes, Saint Valentin, Nouvel an chinois, Saint Patrick, Pâques, fête des mères, fêtes des pères, soldes, fête des grand-mères, Jour des belles-mères, Halloween...
Raz-le-bol ! Nous ne sommes pas des vaches à traire ni des conso-moutons !
Je suis pour la création d'un anti-calendrier, qui expurgerait tout ces machins inutiles au profit de fêtes de véritable partage :
Fête de l'omelette au champignon, fête de quartier, journée troc / sans achat... A vos idées !
By
netimpulse, at 1:15 AM
Ben voilà... à cause de ces résolutions à la Yoyo, j'ai pas eu mes fleurs... (bon, je vais pas me plaindre, il m'en a offert plus tard ^^)
By
Nathalie, at 2:16 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home