6sous

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Viva Starbuck

I like some morning to go to starbuck coffee and grab a Lathe or an Americano coffee. I order one or the other, depending if I want to limit the calories =>Americano no cream no sugar (damned weight...GRRRR), or if I want a nice sweet and heavy test =>Lathe with a lot of plain milk.... The funny part is when I order: I have to give my name, and the starbuck guy have to write the name on the paper cup. It's the way it is organized, when the order is ready another starbuck guy call the person with the name on the cup.... And when I give my name, there are different kind of reactions:
-The ones who have a desperate look at me and ask to repeat, hoping they are going to catch something this time... The result is random....
-The ones who are so hopeless, they ask to spell the name hoping I will be more clear in my spelling than in my pronunciation. Some of them sometime just have a victory declaration: "Ahhhhhh you mean Cecile"=> GRRRR isn't it what I've just said???????.....
-The ones who think they remember my name and call me something vaguely similar to my name but never right... I don't want discourage them and I agree, trying to catch what they are writing on the cup to be able to pick up my order.....
-And there is this morning... I thought she was perfect... First time, she understood perfectly my name and even wish me a "very good day Cecile"... I was so happy... and when I picked my order, I found very sweet to read my name on my cup: "SISCILL".....
I love this country, Ahahahah......

2 Comments:

  • *sigh* They never get my name right either. And if they make me spell it, then the guy calling it out will certainly mispronounce it. This actually inspired Joerg to name his blog. .

    By Blogger waveman, at 2:47 PM  

  • Ahhhhhhh
    Trop marrant ce post !
    J'me suis vraiment marrée ! C'est super bien raconté ;-)

    Et puis évidemment ça me rappelle certains goennnoooooliiiiii de nos chers anglophones quand ils devaient m'appeler !

    Allez, bonne journée, Siscill !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home